Vegan is the new everything apparently. Everyone is talking about it or doing it. I have felt the difference that is not eating meat or dairy so I'm exploring whether or not I want to marry this way of life (along with going gluten free).
In making this decision, I decided to play a game. (Take that World Series! lol)
What if I went vegan? aka What would I eat?
1.black bean tacos (NO sour cream and cheese) with salsa, avocados, mushrooms, cucumbers and in a corn tortilla.
2. Broccoli salad with dressing, fresh broccoli stalks, broccoli slaw, and dried cranberries, (no bacon bits or cheese. BOO!)
3. Red cabbage and apple salad (YAY!! Maybe I can do this!)
4. Frozen Banana Faux-Ice cream
5. Coconut Milk Ice Cream
6. SLAW!! (I may be able to live off of slaw. I hate the mayonnaise style sauces, but I can eat slaw with a vinaigrette any day)
7. Plantains (fried or mashed. Can't lose here!)
8. Cucumbers and Hummus
9. Cinnamon Roasted Cashews
10. Roasted mushrooms (with....a baked potato! I can get with that!)
11. Roasted peppers (with....rice?)
12. Green beans topped with oriental carrot dressing
13. Collard greens (without the meat flavors...hmmm, that's a tough one!)
14. Avocados (with....onions, and ummm...)
15. Veggie sushi rolls (I'm so in my happy place right now.)
16. Candied Ginger (Don't knock it til you try it :)
17. Ginger Beer (not beer as you know it. Think an elevated ginger ale. Oh so good!)
18. French fries (Whoop! Whoop!!)
Okay, that's not bad for a first time list. This may be possible after all....