Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Grape Explorations

Grapes are tiny fruits of perfection. I like grapes. 
a lot. 
Can you tell?

I like them so much that sometimes I forget that they have nutritional value. It can't be good for me if it tastes good to me, right? False. 

False. False. False. False. False.

Got it? Good. 

Well, here are the facts, brought to us by World's Healthiest Foods
A serving of grapes (1 cup) contains about 5% DV of Vitamin C, 5% DV of Vitamin B1, 5% DV of Potassium, 5% DV of Vitamin B6 at the low cost of 61 calories (and zero WW Points!). Who would have known?
The real bottom line of (the red variety of) grapes is that they are rich in Flavanoids. Flavanoids and it's partners in crime, Quercitin and Resveratrol help to keep your heart healthy reducing platelet clumping and harmful blood clots. They also protect LDL Cholesterol from the bad stuff that damage your arteries. Resveratrol also helps to improve blood flow in the brain by 30% which reduces the chance of strokes.

Sooo....want to guess what I snacked on today?


 That's it. Grapes. FROZEN grapes. I took the grapes that my honey bought for us and I placed them in the freezer last night. Today I enjoyed the fruit of my non-labor. This is my favorite way of eating grapes. They taste like tiny Popsicles that just melt in your mouth.

Yum! Yum! I may just go grab some more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment