Thursday, April 21, 2011

I ate chocolate today in the name of love.

Photo credit: www.slashgear.com

"Happy Easter Ms. K!," called out little Ola as he came running full force towards me. I smiled, and returned the greeting oblivious to the gift he brought to me. 
It was half of a chocolate Easter egg. 
At first I thought he would never notice if I held on to it and discreetly threw it away later, but I knew I was wrong. Then I thought I could take a nibble and then get rid of it, but looking at his face I knew that was wrong too.

So, I ate it. 

I have no idea how many ww points it cost me, but I know it would have cost me so much more to hurt his heart and lose his respect. 
Best. Chocolate. Ever. 


"...So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love." 1 Corinthians 13:3 (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment