Thursday, June 23, 2011

Gaining. On both sides of the scale.

I've lost and gained the same 4-5lbs all throughout May and now June. Think of a hamster wheel, and yes, I'm your hamster. 

I've been talking a big talk with this whole weight loss thing, and with big talk comes big pressure. I don't blame you. I don't blame me. It's just one of those things that come with the territory. In my attempt to inspire, I may have disappointed. For this I'm sorry. 

Here's the thing though. 
Here's what clicked for me today. 
Jesus loves me. 
He loves me whether I eat meat, bread, gluten, cookies, or fried fish. Certainly taking good care of my body honors Him, I won't renege on that. It's just that whether I die at age 70 as a healthy skinny-mini or as a 25 old morbidly obese woman, He loves me just the same and His will is perfect just the same. 

My mid week weigh in was a bust, and yes I was upset. My husband held me close, looked up at me, and said,"I still think you're beautiful." His love soothes me and encourages me to keep going regardless.

It's the same thing with God when we fail. Others may be disappointed, and rightfully so. However, His righteousness covers us and His love inspires us to grow as His beloved. 

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

If love is the driving force of my weight loss journey, and more importantly my walk with Christ, I must get this. 

To God be the glory, I think I do. 

Do you?


No comments:

Post a Comment