Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What is it about a little black dress?


What is it about wearing a tuxedo or that little black dress, that makes us feel confident, beautiful, splendid, even invincible? 

We put on formal wear and suddenly we become extraordinary. 

On the days when you feel low and invisible, why not try this on for size: imagine you are wearing a fantastic tailored tuxedo or a stunning formal gown. 

And then proceed with your day." 
 Vera Nazarian (The Perpetual Calendar of Inspiration)



2 comments:

  1. I love...

    1) Audrey!
    2) black dresses in general (I have instructed to Tim that I'm not allowed to buy any more)
    3) your "about me photo" being of you on the trike!
    4) you!!

    - Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too (and your #2)! By the way, I have every intention of using your wedding as an excuse to get a killer vintage-y outfit. And since you are the connoisseur of all things vintage, and its your day, I feel completely justified. Lol

    ReplyDelete