Monday, July 18, 2011

Why does a bad day taste so good?

Have you ever had one of those days when nothing seems to go right? Don't get me wrong. I'm not talking about a tragic day. I'm talking about a not-so-good day. Today was that day. Along with last Monday-Friday and the Monday-Friday before that. Last week I sought solace in my workouts. Today, I want ice cream, or maybe cheese....no, no some Fritos, or better yet cookies. You get the idea.

Not sure how in the world God is going to rescue me out of this one. I would agree that at the very least, my perspective needs to change. However, in the mean time, today I will do my own workout instead of going to the gym. Fix a small snack instead of indulging. I might do some crying. I'll try not to complain.

Above all, I will trust. Trust and obey. and pray.

Psalm 27:13-14
13[What, what would have become of me] had I not believed that I would see the Lord's goodness in the land of the living!
    14Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring. Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord.


Lord, I believe. Please help my unbelief. 

No comments:

Post a Comment