Thursday, August 4, 2011

A+ week



I've said it before, and I will say it again. I LOVE my Fitbook. It helps me to manage my weight loss. It rolls with the punches of life while all the while giving me the accountability that I need to keep me from completely falling off the wagon. Just like the icing on the cake, (Mmm...cake) Fitbook has some additional sweetness, but it's without the sugar and calories. Each week it asks me how I will reward myself when my weight loss week is over. For me that day is Friday.

That's still a tough question for me to answer. You see for so long, my weight loss was my reward. -2lbs here. -3.5lbs there. Oh yea, that was one heck of a reward! The problem is that the closer I get to my goal and the more muscle I gain....the less I feel rewarded. Weigh in day used to be like Christmas around here, but nowadays it's kinda like New Year's Day around Times Square.

It's the day we clean up the mess after the party. Yuck!

We have come to dread it. Notice I said we. It's no bueno when something so insignificant (like a .5 weight loss) affects the mood in our otherwise festive home.

Today, I made a decision to fix that.

Not only will I make more of a conscious effort to reward myself. I will reward myself the day before the weigh in. Oh yes. I will celebrate keeping my rigorous workout schedule and adhering to my calorie counts. I will celebrate giving it my all. Since I didn't feel up to shopping, I will purchase The Help on my Kindle app (Thanks Kayla!) and enjoy a good novel. Sounds like a good plan, doesn't it?

And about the weigh in...That will still take place in the morning. May the chips fall where they may.

My hubby will be so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment