Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Asparagus. What rhymes with asparagus?

I actually googled this, just for fun. Here's what I found. Talk about a stretch! LOL! Anyhow, this post is all about asparagus.

Earlier today, I put my serious face on and did some reading up on the health benefits of asparagus. I figured that if I actually understood "what was in it for me", then maybe ...just maybe asparagus would be that much easier to enjoy. I bottled up my findings and packaged them up for you on my site. Simply click here, and go to articles. (You can come right back to the blog, by simply clicking on blog in  the menu.)

Completely sold on the benefits of asparagus, I decided to shop around for fabulous asparagus recipes.

Here are my top five picks. (I judge my picks according to how quick and easy; tasty, affordable, and healthy the recipe appears to be.)

1. So-Fancy Fish Pack (It's a 4 WW point full meal made in minutes that leaves no mess. Impressive!)
2. Grilled Asparagus with Lemon and Garlic (It's an 8 minute recipe. Can I get a Hallelujah?)
3. Asparagus Pesto (Pesto anything makes my mouth water!!)
4. Asparagus Risotto (5 WW points a serving, but you may want to leave enough points for 2 servings!)
5. Golden-Crusted Chicken-Asparagus Lasagna (Try using Fat Free Cream of Chicken or Mushroom soup instead of the heavy cream and fat free mozzarella cheese in lieu of it's heart clogging counterpart. Use minimal oil and butter too. I bet you won't miss it!)

Enjoy!


P.S. Guess what I am cooking tonight? Pics and post of my asparagus cooking adventure are coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment