Sunday, January 23, 2011

Playing By The Rules

Last night my husband and I had a night on the town in Orlando. We (well, I) sang along with the pianists at Pat O'briens and laughed as people attempted to sing their favorite songs on stage at Rising Star. It was fun, but that's not at all the subject of this entry. Let's fast forward to the end of the evening. Actually, it was the wee hours of this morning; about 2am to be exact.

We were hungry, and about an hour and a half away from home. Our choices were limited so we reluctantly decided on Burger King. Thankfully, Weight Watchers thinks of everything. They provide 49 additional points a week to spend on whatever you choose. (Dear WW, THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!)

Anyhow, I settled on a Whopper JR (no mayo), value size onion rings, and diet coke.
Total point value: 11 points.

Wait a minute. My healthy breakfast from my last post was only 10 points. This Burger King late night dinner was only +1 in points.

Now we are getting to the meat and potatoes of it (figuratively speaking, of course). As of this moment, I am very much inside of my points guidelines, but health is not about the rules. Yea, I said it. It's NOT about the rules. My Burger King meal was not healthy, and neither did it include a serving of fruit or veggies. (I'm so sorry fellow iDare challengers.) Healthy living is about lifestyle or like my husband once said, "It's about making the right choices consistently."

Got it? Got it. Good.

P.S. One more thought. This reminds me of having a relationship with Jesus. It's not about how "good" we are or can work to try to become. The Bible says that our righteousness (or our goodness) is actually like filthy rags at the end of the day. It's not about playing by the rules. It's about a lifestyle. It's about knowing Jesus, and receiving His goodness in our lives. Enough said. Until next time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment